I saw this on a David Blaine special, and I think I've figured out how to do it, so I want to try it out on everyone.
I want you to think of a number between 1 and 50. It can be any number between 1 and 50, but both digits must be different odd numbers.
Have you thought of a number? Okay, concentrate on that number.
I've got it. I know what number you're thinking of. I'll post it in the comments section.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The number you're thinking of is...
...
37!
How'd I do?
close - i said 35. so what's the trick?
Close---I said 39! At first, I chose 13, but then I thought that was too obvious (the first two odd digits). So then I randomly chose 39.
I think the trick works better if you're actually speaking with someone, because it doesn't give them a chance to think.
If I ask you to pick a number between 1 and 50, but then limit it to only odd numbers and only numbers where both digits are different odd numbers, that eliminates over forty possibilities, leaving only 13, 15, 17, 19, 31, 35, 37 & 39. Beyond that, I'm not sure why so many people pick numbers in the 30-40 range. I just know that the person on TV, Carrie and I all thought 37.
Post a Comment