Monday, May 01, 2006

comments

i don't know if anyone goes back through their posts and reads comments posted, so i just decided to create a new post for my comments.

first, to carrie, of course i have already used my 25 maximum votes for the all-star game. you know what i find strange, though, is that they put all the positions for both national and american league on there. you don't have to put an entry for all of them, but there's always the tempation, if you're a trouble-maker, to vote for the best players in the league you like and pick crappy ones for your rival's league. if you're a true fan you'd want to pick the best so you can watch an enjoyable game, but there are plenty of people out there that would do so. anyway...

congrats to margaret! that's exciting to be able to work with the team you were a part of, it gives it more meaning. the only thing is, i seem to remember that you didn't think linda gray was the most wonderful person in the world. could be interesting. :)

and third, you should all definitely plan lots and lots of workdays for all the houses in the Miller family. Plan them all in May June, and early July if you like. You should really attack it with full force and get all those jobs done. Yes, most definitely. But I think maybe a good date to stop and be happy with your accomplishments would be...maybe sometime around July 18th. Yeah, that sounds pretty good.

oh yeah, and i've been hearing about this United 93 over here. (Well, just reading U.S news. Australians aren't really discussing it, that I know of.) Lots of people discussing whether it was too soon to make a movie, comparing it to other historical events and how long it took to make movies about them. The consensus seems to be that it's not too soon because it's just important to remember what happened. So does it have any famous people in it? I heard it was pretty hard to sit through, it's mainly just torture on your emotions, not something you'd go on a date to see. I'm not keeping track of many movies. There's some I really want to see, but it's just too expensive, and frankly I don't really care anymore anyway.

On a different note, I'm doing tedious research for my management essay, and really hating it. I went onto the 4th floor of the library and searched through rooms and rooms full of books to get more citations. And in the middle of all these voluminous academic novels, I found...Dilbert. So of course I stopped my research and just read this whole Dilbert book on Management. Chao is also in management, and Brice has a business background, so we were discussing it for a while, and I am now firm in my claim that next week I will make them watch Office Space. They've never heard of it.

K, I've got work to do. Have a lovely day!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

We watched Office Space last night.

I do believe I have a case of the Mondays today.

Margaret Bowman said...

Just thought I would say that *I* go back and read comments on everyone's postings. So there.

Wesley Smith said...

We can leave comments? Why didn't anybody tell me?