Thursday, November 01, 2012

Carrie's Christmas list


  • Blu-Rays/DVDs: The Chronicles of Narnia 2 & 3; Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, parts 1 & 2 (I like used Blu-Rays and DVDs so long as they don’t have scratches on them); The Hunger Games
  • Gift card to Half Price Books
  • Gift card to World Market
  • German bearded re-blooming irises (Blue, white,purple, and/or yellow) (SERIOUSLY people. I have had this on my list for, what, 10 years now?) (Iris on our entry table is pretty and all, and she's a permanent resident of the house, but I'd like to have some that I could put outside.)
  • Piano sheet music for the album Porcelain by Helen Jane Long 
  • a bat rack no longer than 2'
There are a number of book series that I’m collecting that I need additional books for. I LOVE USED BOOKS. In fact, I like them better than new ‘cause then they’re all comfy and broken in. Soft cover, hard cover – I don’t care. So here are the book collections I’m looking to fill in:

  • Vicky Bliss books by Elizabeth Peters. I have the first three and the 5th and 6th; I still need the 4th one: Trojan Gold
  • Amelia Peabody books by Elizabeth Peters. There are about 6 jillion of them. Here are the ones I HAVE; I would like to have any that is NOT on this list: The Crocodile on the Sandbank; The Mummy Case; Lord of the Silent; The Last Camel Died at Noon; The Golden One; The Falcon at the Portal; The Ape Who Guards the Balance; The Serpent on the Crown; Lion in the Valley; Children of the Storm; He Shall Thunder in the Sky; Tomb of the Golden Bird. 
  • Jasper Fforde books - any of the Thursday Next series EXCEPT "First Among Sequels" (there are 6 books that I DON'T have in this series - listed here). Another book by this author that's from a new series that I'd like to have is called _Shades of Grey_.
  • The Princess Diaries Volume VI and a Half: The Princess Present. (Unless somebody borrowed it from me. I could have sworn I had this one.) 
  • DRAGON'S HEART BY JANE YOLEN. (I have the first 3 books in this series).

No comments: