I am officially going to D.C. with the 6th graders now. I guess some of the teachers were standing around after school the other day talking about me and Mid brought it up to everyone. One teacher was like "yeah, that's fine as long as she pays the $220." The one teacher that Mid thought would be the one saying this (Gary Edwards) actually is the one who defended me. He was all "come one now, she is part of the team right now and she's putting in a lot of hard work for us." And then Mid added that I could take a group (like a chaperone as opposed to the teachers who stay in the hotel rooms alone and do not have a group of kids to look after) and finally, after about 10 minutes of going in circles, Mr. Beck, the one who thought I should pay, was like "yeah, I guess, okay that'll work out." So now I get to go on a FREE trip (food included) with 106 6th graders for 3 nights and 4 days and then as soon as I come home I have to do laundry, repack, and head to the airport to go to Florida for a week. What have I gotten myself into people???!!!
Anyway, the reason for this long boring story is to tell you where I will be and when. I will leave early on May 9th (Tuesday) and come back home late on May 12th (Friday) then leave again early Saturday morning the 13th and fly back home late on Saturday the 20th.
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm confused. Were they saying before that you couldn't go on the trip as a teacher, only as a paying chaperone?
kinda weird knowing they were talking about you. who told you this whole conversation? that's exciting that you're going, though!
You could not pay me to chaperone a hundred sixth graders for an evening, much less a week away from their parents in a different city.
I would bolt the door to my hotel room and order room service.
at first the one teacher wanted me to be a paying chaperone - like the kids parents - because i am not a paid employee of the school. but they are cool with it now. i don't have to pay a dime, unless i buy souvenirs or something.
ms. knight was the one giving me the details of the conversation. it did feel wierd when she said "after school we were all standing around talking about you."
Post a Comment